On this webpage, Hong Kong residents can obtain travel tips and find out where to go for travel advice before departure. They can also learn about precautions to take when travelling abroad.
The following tips will help Hong Kong residents to prepare before departure and avoid difficulties while abroad.
- Have ample validity on your travel document and obtain the necessary visas.
- Purchase suitable travel insurance.
- Inform family or friends of your contact details and itinerary.
- Write down the details of emergency contact persons on your travel document.
- Keep photocopies of your travel document.
- Check the Outbound Travel Alert Information.
- Use the Registration of Outbound Travel Information service.
- Learn more about the local situation, e.g. weather, law and order, epidemic etc.
- Keep in contact with family or friends.
- Bring along valid travel documents/ identification documents, in case verification of identity is required.
- Keep your travel document and personal belongings safe.
- Attend to your personal safety and avoid crowded areas.
- For emergency assistance, contact the Assistance to Hong Kong Residents Unit of the Hong Kong Immigration Department (24-hour hotline: (852) 1868), Chinese diplomatic and consular missions in that country or the offices of the HKSAR Government in the Mainland.
The Outbound Travel Tips are available at the following link:
Outbound Travel Tips
More outbound travel tips / advice and consular protection information are available at the following links:
Additional information about travelling overseas is available from the websites of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the office of the Commissioner of China’s Foreign Affairs Ministry in Hong Kong.